Orbit & Oculofacial Plastic Surgery in Tempe, Ahwatukee and Sun Lakes
Orbit and oculofacial plastic surgery is a surgical, sub-specialty within the field of ophthalmology. These surgical procedures are performed for either children or adults with certain disease processes.
Orbital surgery refers to complex surgery inside the eye socket. These surgeries on performed on the bone, in the soft tissue behind the eye, or the tear drain system.
Oculofacial plastic surgery refers to surgical procedures related to the soft tissues of the eyelids, eyebrows, forehead, cheeks, and face.
Dr. Lisa A. Mansueto is our fellowship trained Orbit and Oculofacial Plastic Surgeon. She does consultations and surgeries for both children and adults having disease processes involving the orbit, eyelids, tear drain systems, and face.
Orbit & Oculofacial Plastic Surgery
Cosmetic Facial Surgeries
- Eyebrow Lifts (Cosmetic Endoscopic or Pretrichial Lifts)
- Blepharoplasty of upper and lower eyelids (Cosmetic Eyelid Lifts)
- Autologous Fat Transfer with liposuction for fat transfer to lower eyelid tear trough deformities
- Chemical peels
- Orbital Reconstruction Following Facial Trauma
- Orbital Fracture Repair
- Surgeries for Thyroid-Related Bulging of the Eyes
- Orbital Tumors
- Correction of the Tear Drainage System to Eliminate Tearing Eyes
- Combined surgical approaches to the orbit with neurosurgeons, Craniofacial plastic surgeons, or otolaryngologists
- Eyelid Lifts (Medical)
- Excision and Repair of Skin Cancers of the Eyelids
- Correction of any type of Eyelid Malposition due to trauma, surgery, or aging
- Complex eyelid and orbit surgery for congenital deformities
- Congenital tear duct obstruction
- Congenital eyelid ptosis (droop) repair
Are Orbit and Oculofacial Plastic Surgeries only cosmetic?
No. These procedures might be medically necessary if they benefit your vision, overall health, and quality of life. Beyond merely improving your cosmetic appearance, the goal of reconstructive surgery is to restore optimal function, treat diseases, and/or injuries.
How is Dr. Mansueto uniquely gifted and trained to perform these types of surgeries?
- Mansueto continued with additional fellowship training in oculofacial plastic, reconstructive, and aesthetic surgery after her general ophthalmology residency.
- She trained among some of the top medical professionals in the nation at her fellowship involving Tufts University, Harvard University, and Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston.
- She has over two decades of experience in the field of orbit and oculofacial plastic surgery. Dr. Mansueto has been providing excellent care for both children and adults at Ophthalmic Surgeons and Physicians in Phoenix since 1999, when she finished her fellowship training.
- Fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology: initial certification in 1999, with recertifications in 2009 and 2019
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Clinical Instructor: Department of Plastic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
- Pediatric Orbit & Oculofacial Surgeon for Barrow Pediatric Cleft & Craniofacial Team, Phoenix, AZ
- Member of Barrow Neurosurgical Skull Based Tumor Board, Barrow Neurosurgery Department, Phoenix, AZ
What other types of services does Dr. Mansueto offer?
Dr. Mansueto also offers less invasive products and procedures such as cosmetic BOTOX injections and the Skin Better Skin Care line.
Call today for a consultation so that you can learn more about how Dr. Mansueto at Ophthalmic Surgeons & Physicians can help with your needs.
For more detailed information on orbit and oculofacial plastic surgery: www.drmansueto.com.