Brow Lift In Tempe and Ahwatukee
A brow lift, may also be called a forehead lift or browplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure done to lift a drooping eyebrow. Sometimes a drooping eyebrow can obstruct vision or you may have worry lines that come across to others as anger, sternness, hostility, fatigue or other unintended emotions.
Why does the brow droop?
- The effects of aging lead the brow and forehead to fall due to the skin’s loss of elasticity
- Sun, wind, and the pull of gravity all affect the face
- Frown lines and wrinkles may develop across the forehead
What happens as the brow droops?
Your expression may not reflect how you actually feel, you may appear tired or angry. As a result, many people have opted for a procedure known as the forehead lift. Based on variations in how men and women age and on new advances in medical technology, different methods are used to perform this procedure.
Should you consider a brow lift?
Forehead lifts are an option if you have a sagging brow or deep furrows between the eyes. To predict the outcome, use your hands above your brows and on the edges of your eyes and lift the skin upwards while looking in a mirror.
Note the following:
- The distance from the central brow-to-upper eyelid is very small
- The opening of the eye (palpebral fissure) is very small (excess skin)
- When is the best age to consider this surgery? It is usually done between age forty and sixty-five, although it may be necessary at an earlier age
- Good health and realistic expectations are prerequisites
What types of brow lifts does Dr. Mansueto perform?
She prefers to do endoscopic brow lifts with an Endotine fixation device. For cosmetic improvement, this is a minimally invasive procedure that works very well. There are other types of brow lift techniques that she will consider based on patient anatomy.
For more detailed information on brow lifts, including photos, click here: www.drmansueto.com